Do you have a lot of obligations? If so, how do they affect your life?
This post today is to help, you to identify which of your current obligations are the most beneficial to your health and well-being. You see so often; people hold themselves to such high standards. Without even questioning, if they are doing what is best for them.
Today’s post, is meant to help you find the key factors to determine which of your current obligations you should put to the top of your list. As well as, to help you determine which of your current obligations on your list may or may not be hindering you in your growth and prosperity!
Do you think your Obligation List is a Healthy One?
What an obligation actually is. According to Dictionary.com the definition of Obligation is:
Obligation: Something by which a person is bound or obliged to do certain things, and which arises out of a sense of duty or results from custom, law, etc. Something that is done or is to be done for such reasons: to fulfill one’s obligations. a binding promise, contract, sense of duty, etc. the act of binding or obliging oneself by a promise, contract, etc. Law.
- an agreement enforceable by law, originally applied to promises under seal.
- a document containing such an agreement.
- a bond containing a penalty, with a condition annexed for payment of money, performance of covenants, etc. any bond, note, bill, certificate, or the like, as of a government or a corporation, serving as evidence of indebtedness.
Now, That We Know The Actual Meaning of Obligation. Now Is The Time To Contemplate Your Main Priorities…
So, where do we start? Let’s start by having you get a couple pieces of paper and a pen. Then, find a safe and secure place to sit alone to contemplate the below questions.
Here Are Some Great Questions To Ask Yourself…
- What Are Your Main Life Priorities?
- What Are Your Main Wants & Needs?
- What Means The Most To You In Life?
- Do You Feel You Are Meeting Your Life Expectations?
- What Are Your Expectations of Yourself?
- What Inspires You To Push Forward & What Makes Your Obligations So Important?
After You Are Finished With This Little Self-Discovery Brainstorm
Let’s get to work picking through all of your answers to decide what is healthy and what is not.
Step # 1: Place a Star Next To Each of Your Answers, That You Feel Qualifies as Being Focused on Your Over-all Well Being!
Step # 2: Place a ( ) Around The Answers That Seem To Be Focused Around Someone Else’s Well Being & Safety.
Step # 3: For All The Answers You Placed ( ) Around Which of them are actually In Your Control?
Contemplate These Questions For Each Answer Described in Step # 3:
- Do you really have control over this situation or is there someone more qualified that should be handling this obligation, want, need or priority?
- Are you enabling someone by assisting them with their situation?
- Is there a better way to handle this obligation that does not entail your undivided attention?
- Every time you complete or focus on this obligation, who is benefiting from your work?
- How has making this obligation, want, need or priority, taken away or hindered you from focusing on other obligations that are actually more important to your well being?
Please Note: As a Parent or Guardian you may be obligated to your child’s needs but it is very important to ask yourself if the priorities on your plate as a parent are in the best interest of your child? As well, to ask yourself if the thing you are making a priority is more important then any of the other obligations that you place behind it?
Sometimes as an adult you have to make difficult decisions…
Make sure that when you make them they are as realistic and beneficial to your Immediate Priorities!!! If something is not in fact your responsibility feel free to pass it off to person that should be responsible.
Step # 5: Take out another couple pieces of paper and place all of your Obligations, Priorities, Expectations, Wants & Needs on a new list. Placing each of the above in a qualifying realistic order from 1- Which ever # you need to place all the above in perspective.
Step # 6: Make a Plan of Action To Achieve The Level of Success You Are Looking To Achieve With All of The Above!
Step # 7: Keep all of the above information handy and accessible for when you feel you are falling away from your original plan of action. This way you can familiarize yourself with your list and plans.
Step # 8: Repeat this process every Six Months, to keep momentum and structure through your daily life, schedule and well being.
Live Your Best Life Today By Focusing on Your Well Being, Structure & Happiness…
I hope this post helps you to better manage your life as well as assists you in finding the peace and happiness you deserve! If you need any more assistance with any of the above, please contact us today!